يأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ لاَ تَدْخُلُواْ بُيُوتاً غَيْرَ بُيُوتِكُمْ حَتَّى تَسْتَأْنِسُواْ وَتُسَلِّمُواْ عَلَى أَهْلِهَا ذَلِكُمْ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَذَكَّرُونَ - فَإِن لَّمْ تَجِدُواْ فِيهَآ أَحَداً فَلاَ تَدْخُلُوهَا حَتَّى يُؤْذَنَ لَكُمُ وَإِن قِيلَ لَكُمْ ارْجِعُواْ فَارْجِعُواْ هُوَ أَزْكَى لَكُمْ وَاللَّهُ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ عَلِيمٌ
27. O you who believe! Enter not houses other than your own, until you have asked permission and greeted those in them; that is better for you, in order that you may remember.
28. And if you find no one therein, still enter not until permission has been given. And if you are asked to go back, go back, for it is purer for you. And Allah is All-Knower of what you do.[Surah An-Nur]
-Never barge into any one's house, be it our your best friend, next door neighbor or very close relatives.
- We can enter the homes of your Muslim brother/sister only with their permission. And when we do so, greet them with "Assalamu Alaikum".
-If the people in the house don't give us permission, don't hold grudges against them. They have the right to say "no". And we should remember that the people in the house are entitled to their privacy, so if they have to say "no", they might have a reason to do so.
- Respect their privacy: just because we are granted permission, doesn't mean we can wander all around in their house. (or look around)
- The Prophet Sallallahu alihiwassalam said: “if any one of you seeks permission to enter a house three times and he is not given permission to enter, he should go back.” (Al-Bukhaari and Muslim).
And Allah knows best.