اقْرَأْ بِاسْمِ رَبِّكَ الَّذِى خَلَقَ - خَلَقَ الإِنسَـنَ مِنْ عَلَقٍ - اقْرَأْ وَرَبُّكَ الاٌّكْرَمُ - الَّذِى عَلَّمَ بِالْقَلَمِ - عَلَّمَ الإِنسَـنَ مَا لَمْ يَعْلَمْ
1. Read! In the Name of your Lord Who created.
2. He has created man from a clot.
3. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous.
4. Who has taught by the pen.
5. He has taught man that which he knew not.
-The first revealation(command) to Prophet Muhammed Sallallahu alaihiwassalam's Ummah to "Read"- Signifies the importance of seeking knowledge.
كَلاَّ لاَ تُطِعْهُ وَاسْجُدْ وَاقْتَرِب
19. Nay! Do not obey him. Fall prostrate and draw near (to Allah)!
-The last ayah in this surah is about worship.
- Nay! Do not Obey him- Do not obey or follow or fall into the whims of the one who denies the truth and turns away from it.
Notice the first ayah signifies the importance of seeking ilm, and the last ayah is a command to prostrate to Allah SWT and thus draw near to Him.
Seeking ilm(of Islam) and worshipping Allah (ibadah) are among the most fundamentals of our dheen.