In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.
وَقَالَ الشَّيْطَـنُ لَمَّا قُضِىَ الاٌّمْرُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَعَدَكُمْ وَعْدَ الْحَقِّ وَوَعَدتُّكُمْ فَأَخْلَفْتُكُمْ وَمَا كَانَ لِىَ عَلَيْكُمْ مِّن سُلْطَـنٍ إِلاَّ أَن دَعَوْتُكُمْ فَاسْتَجَبْتُمْ لِى فَلاَ تَلُومُونِى وَلُومُواْ أَنفُسَكُمْ مَّآ أَنَاْ بِمُصْرِخِكُمْ وَمَآ أَنتُمْ بِمُصْرِخِىَّ إِنِّى كَفَرْتُ بِمَآ أَشْرَكْتُمُونِ مِن قَبْلُ إِنَّ الظَّـلِمِينَ لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ
And Shaytan will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, and you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Shaytan) as a partner with Allah (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the wrongdoers.'' (Surah Ibraheem: 22)
- Shaytan will say thus, on the Day of Resurrection to the people that will be punished in Jahannum.
- He knows the truth and still denies it out of pride and arrogance.
- He is trying to lead us astray too and earn the wrath of Allah SWT. Since, he will burn in Hell, he wants to pull in as many companions as he can.
- Whenever we do not follow what the Qur'an and Sunah teaches us, remember that we are obeying Shaytan instead and we are falling into his (the most cursed) traps.
- Let's be more aware of the works of Iblees and his associates, and let's drive him away.
And Allah knows best.