In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.
وَلاَ تَقْرَبُواْ الزِّنَى إِنَّهُ كَانَ فَاحِشَةً وَسَآءَ سَبِيلاً
"And come not near to unlawful sex. Verily, it is Fahishah (immoral sin) and an evil way." (Sura Isra': 32)
- Allah does not command "Do not commit zina (unlawful sex)". Instead Allah SWT says, do not come closer or approach zina. All the things that will lead to zina are therefore, prohibited.
- We should lower our gaze and not look at the opposite sex without a valid reason.
- We should avoid mixed gatherings.
- We should follow the prescribed dress code of Islam, both men and women, and not expose in any way that will attract the opposite sex.
- A non-mahram man and woman should never be together alone in a place. Nor should they talk to each other for no reason be it through phone, chatting etc. When it is so, a third person comes, and that is, shaytan.
- We should control our thoughts and desires by increasing your remembrance of Allah Azza Wajal and the Hereafter, and by fasting.
- A man or woman who has come of age, should realise the need to get married as soon as they can. They should not delay it for no reason.
-Narrated 'Abdullah Radhiyallahu anh:
We were with the Prophet while we were young and had no wealth whatever. So Allah's Apostle said, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power." (Sahih Bukhari)
- There is a hadeeth narrated by Anas Radhiyallahu anh that getting married completes half your dheen. This is because when you are married, it helps you abstain from things that lead you to think of zina.
And Allah knows best.