In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Mericful
وَءَاتِ ذَا الْقُرْبَى حَقَّهُ وَالْمِسْكِينَ وَابْنَ السَّبِيلِ وَلاَ تُبَذِّرْ تَبْذِيرًا () إِنَّ
الْمُبَذرِينَ كَانُواْ إِخْوَنَ الشَّيَـطِينِ وَكَانَ الشَّيْطَـنُ لِرَبِّهِ كَفُورًا () وَإِمَّا تُعْرِضَنَّ عَنْهُمُ ابْتِغَآءَ رَحْمَةٍ مِّن رَّبِّكَ تَرْجُوهَا فَقُل لَّهُمْ قَوْلاً مَّيْسُورًا
26. And give to the kinsman his due, and to the Miskin (poor), and to the wayfarer. But spend not wastefully (your wealth) in the manner of a spendthrift.
27. Verily, the spendthrifts are brothers of the Shayatin (devils), and the Shaytan is ever ungrateful to his Lord.
28. And if you turn away from them and you are awaiting a mercy from your Lord for which you hope, then, speak unto them a soft, kind word.
-After the command to be dutiful to your parents, Allah commands us to treat ous relatives well, and maintain ties of kinship with them.
- Allah blesses us with wealth, to see whether we use it in the right way. The poor, the needy, the wayfarers have a right over our wealth, and we should give them its due.
-Extravagance is not something befitting the sincere slave of Allah SWT. Mujahid (Rahimahum Allah) said: "If a man spends all his wealth on appropriate things, then he is not a spendthrift, but if he spends a little inappropriately, then he is a spendthrift.''
- And a spendthrift is like a brother of the shayateen (devils). They are their brothers in extravagance, foolishness, failing to obey Allah and committing sin.
-Zakah is one of the five pillars of islam. One who possess wealth should pay his zakah, this will purify his wealth and his soul.
- Even if you have nothing to give to your relative or the needy, we should speak to them in kind words, we should not turn anyone away with harshness.
May Allah SWT guide us to keep our wealth and our sould purified, and lets strive inshAllah to stay away from materialistic needs that we actually don't need. Let's not classify the extravagant things as necessities, thereby justifying to ourselves. Let's always remember that we will have to justify ourselves to allah Azza wajal.